My Blogs Title

MY BLOGS

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Baby Shower Cake - Animal Theme


I made this baby shower cake with animal theme.
I baked French vanilla cake with butter cream frosting to make the fondant to stick. I mixed yellow, bright green, light green and purple color fondants separately to make the fondant base with yellow fondant, green for the grass and moss, and purple fondant to make the ribbon to write the message with butter cream icing. I put plastic cake topper animals, to make my work easy and also to look elegant.

It is fun to work with fondant, but at the same time hard to mix and roll out the fondant, but cutting shapes and designs is easy.


I am trying to work on the writing skills now. I hope this is not bad this time, because before I used to get happy birthday candles or edible cake toppers and just write the name by myself. But I decided to give it a try again. I am happy that it turned out pretty good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...